Thursday, November 8, 2012

Farmers Insurance Group Logos

To create the logo on the left, I first started with a red rectangle. I added another smaller, lighter red rectangle to the bottom corner of the orignal one. I, then, blended the two rectangles together. I chose red because it was one of the company's origianl colors. I next typed the company name. I decided to make the "F" larger to draw more attention to it and make it memorable. I used a typeface called "Aharoni Bold" for all of the words. Lastly I created the piece of wheat. To do this I used the pen tool to create the stem. Then I used the ellipse tool to create the little grains that make up the wheat. To do this I made an ellipse then converted its two end ancor points to make the points pointed. This created the grain shape. Next, I chose the colors for the grains. Lastly, I arranged all the grains to create the piece of wheat.
                                                                                                              To create the logo on the right I first picked a typeface. For "Farmers" I used "Aharoni Bold" becuause I liked the boldness of the typeface and I thought the "F" could be turned into a good key. I made "Farmers" blue becuase that is one of the company's original colors and blue seems to be a trend for insurance company logos. I then typed the rest of the words, but this time I used red and black to add something different to the design. Then I added three dots, created by using the ellipse tool in between the black words. Lastly, I worked on making the "F" into a key. To do this I added a triangle to the "F" to make look a little more like a key. I used the star tool to create the triangle. I also, added a rounded rectangle using the rounded rectangle tool to create the bottom part of the key. I used the ellipse tool to add the little white circle at the bottom of the key. I used the rectangle tool to create a small white rectangle to cover up part of the second notch on the key to make it appear shorter. Lastly, I added a thin gray rectangle to the key and blended it in. I did this to add something special to the key.
 
I really like my logos and think they turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment