Monday, April 15, 2013

Self Makeover




The first change that I made to the photo was smoothing the skin tone and texture. To do this, I duplicated the original photo layer and applied the Filter/Nose/Median filter. I added a layer mask and painted over some of the main facial lines. I reduced the opacity of this layer. Next, I created a new layer and worked on the color of the Iris. I painted over my Iris with a brown color and changed the blending mode to Soft light. Then, I selected the white of the eyeball using the Quick Selection Tool. I added a Hue and Saturation Adjustment Layer and lowered the saturation and raised the brightness. Then, I applied the Blur filter a couple of times. I created a new layer and painted an irregular shaped spot of white on the eyes where I wanted the highlight to be. To add more depth to the eye, I painted with black along the underside of where the eyelid is and lowered the opacity of this layer. On a new layer, I also added some more white to the inner part of the iris. Using a small brush, I painted a thin black line along the top edge of the eyelashes to act as eyeliner and used the Blur Tool on it. I created a new layer and added some brown colors to my eyelids to act as eye shadow. Then, I change the Blending Mode to Soft Light and changed the opacity. I added a pinkish color to my lips and changed the opacity. Lastly, I added some light brown to my hair. To do this I went into Quick Mask mode. I selected black from the Swatches palette and painted over the areas of hair that I wanted to be colored. After I painted over all of the hair that I need to I went back into Standard Mode. I went to Select>Inverse and then to Image>Adjustments>Hue/Saturation. I adjusted the levels to give the hair a brown color. The hardest part of this tutorial was changing my hair color because I had a difficult time changing it without effecting other things that I had done to my eyes. The easiest part was adding the eye shadow and lip stick.

Note: In the picture above with the arrows substitute pink with brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment