Friday, April 26, 2013

Tape

To begin, I opened a new document and created a new layer. Using the box-selection tool, I selected an area the size I wanted the tape to be. I filled the selected area with a brown-orange color. Using a grunge brush, I added a lighter color to the area. I repeated this step two more times to add a variety of colors and give the tape texture. I used the eraser tool to go over the tape very lightly. I used many different brushes to shape the ends of the tape. I selected, copied, and pasted the tape into a new layer. Next, I used the burn tool to go over areas of the tape. This helped to vary their appearance. I opened my image and brought it into my tape document. I brought the picture layer below the tape layers. I put the tape into position and used the transform tool. I changed some blending options, added a drop shadow to the photo, and adjusted the opacity of the tape. I stuggled with the tape some, because there was some unneccessary white around them. The easiest part was adding a drop shadow and changing the blending options.

No comments:

Post a Comment