Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Evans_Glyph Monster

Above is the glyph monster that I created using Adobe Illustrator. To create this monster, I started by selecting different glyphs (letters, numbers, symbols, etc.) and changing their formatting. This allowed them to move freely and separately. Once I did this, I positioned the glyphs that would be the outline of my monster. Then, I filled in several areas with lots and lots of glyphs. I covered areas such as the paws, hands, horns, and hair with glyphs. I chose bright, pink as my background color because I felt it represents happiness, fun and is cute. These are all things I wanted my glyph monster to be. Some challenges I had to overcome while working on my monster were learning how to copy and reflect glyphs (such as how I did the outline of the feet and horns). I also learned how to use the "shift key" to select multiple glyphs and the "alt key" to move and copy the selected glyphs. Overall, I really enjoyed making my glyph monster. I think my monster turned out very well and cute. I liked that I was able to use lots of glyphs to fill in spaces and make things detailed and different everytime you look somewhere on my monster.
Above is the image of the monster I used to inspire me for the creation of my glyph monster. I chose this monster because I thought it was cute and friendly. Also, it was simple which allowed me to add my own personal touches and make it more detailed and fun in other areas. This image of the monster came from http://www.etsy.com/listing/70071857/cute-monster-3-applique-4x4-5x7-machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment