Thursday, February 14, 2013

iPod

To create this image, I started with a picture of myself in a dance/jumping pose. I selected myself in the picture and created a solid adjustment layer. I used a soft brush to smooth out the edges of the silhouette. Next, I created a color adjustment layer and chose a light blue for the background. I held control and clicked on the layer mask of the color adjustment layer. Then, I created a new layer and selected the default colors to fill the layer with black. I used the transform tool to move the shadow into position. I added a layer mask to the shadow layer and used the gradient tool to add a gradient to it. I took a picture of an iPod from the Internet and used the selection tool to take it out of its original image and move it into my hand. I created a thumb using the brush tool. Then, I created the headphones using the pen tool and the brush tool. I added a gradient overlay to the silhouette and inserted text with effects. Some of the effects on the text include stroke, bevel and emboss, and colorize. I really enjoyed this tutorial and think it was super fun. I liked that I have a picture of me similar to the popular iPod images. The hardest part was getting the gradient added to the shadow to work. In contrast, the easiest thing to complete was  painting on the brush added to the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment